Monday, November 20, 2017

A Word from Lionel Part 1: Hi After 7 Years

Hi everyone. I know my output's been pretty sporadic the last 7 years, to say the least.

I hope 5 years of marriage can explain that to some degree.

As for why I didn't start things back up yesterday, I have to say rest in peace to my Rage Maker comics app, last updated in 2012.

Yup, Apple works in mysterious ways, and for the most part, it's a very stable platform that has respected the work done many years ago by programmers who moved on to other pursuits, married, died, etc.

All the more saddening, and on learning about it, exasperating, when I lost my first draft to a gray screen the app made, and then all the backups and final version I thought I was triumphantly saving. I went through my phone's camera roll.

Nothing but all my usual real-life garbage.

See, I found myself fired Friday as a result of a personality conflict. Actually, more like a personality test that my employer came to believe like a horoscope. That and, I admit, a pretty nasty series of seizures that have done their best to sneakily wipe all the necessary facts I've been accumulating, both day-to-day and long-term. I'm on meds that stop about 99% of the nonsense, but 1% of the time, and only in my sleep, I'm fair game. It really sucks waking up not even knowing where you work. It doesn't hurt, there are no memories of something life-changing hitting you between the eyes, no changes in sensation on waking.

BUT I had a pretty fun strip made up about it, and I hope to redraw it soon. I'm looking for the dreaded J-O-B right now unless I can make my audience hyootch overnight. Today I am still going to get back to the Strip Design app for iPhone, and hope I can download all the meme icons that Rage Maker was handy at holding.

In the meantime, I hope you can subscribe to my blog, and if you have a spare dollar you don't want to go to deadly snacks, other vices, or people you hate, please consider sending a George Washington upstream toward me in a flow of happy electrons.

Also, send your email address to sumosalesman@aol.com, and I'll add it to my comics mailing list. Life has me by the nose right now, but if I can't take 15 minutes a day to chronicle it, somebody is a serious lazy-ass and it ain't you.

Thanks, and please leave a comment.

Lionel

Like the strip? Any donation is sincerely appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment