Sunday, August 29, 2021

Ashually: A Sad Sam Comic Strip


I am in all seriousness heartbroken by the recent loss of my wife.  She was always a sweetheart who was fine  with my morbid sense of humor and definitely had her own. She was a celiac who always raised an eyebrow when I would eat pounds of the stuff every day.  I’ve tried to cut down but as you can see, gluten can rear its ugly head at any time.  Sorry hun.  

This is the first comic strip that I’ve made since she passed. I would like to dedicate it to her.

Also I would like to offer an equally serious, stark warning.  When my wife passed, she had been prescribed baclofen, and the practitioner never ever asked in two years if she had diabetes. I cannot comment more but if you have a loved one who has at least one serious condition or disease, do NOT let your pharmacist do all the counseling on possible interactions.  Any illness not entered in medical records can have fatal results if a pharmacy doesn’t see it. 

Do an online search and see for yourself if all their diseases, not just medications for those diseases, can cause interactions with a new prescription.

And DRAG YOUR CUP ACROSS THE BARS if you have to tell your doctor or loved one what you found.

Just DON’T BLINDLY TRUST ANY PRESCRIPTION to do its job without lethal side effects.  

YOUR LOVED ONE’S LIFE MAY BE DEPENDING ON JUST A FEW QUICK SECONDS OF ONLINE RESEARCH.  

I made the mistake of trusting both the practitioner and the pharmacy.  Now I have lost the love of my life and I’m devastated.  Don’t do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment